Weddings have been a staple of people's lives since the beginning of humanity. They are the pinnacle of peoples lives because it is the ultimate day of celebration between two people. It is the day that you can't stop dreaming about. What color flowers will I have? What style of dresses will my bridesmaids wear? Where do I want to get married? These are all the thoughts that come to mind when trying to plan out your special day. So now comes the question of... Would I rather a traditional wedding or an elopement?
With so many distractions now days, we are starting to realize what is important to us as humans. That is our friends and families that surround us. If you prefer a small, family orientated ceremony, I would recommend eloping.
The Benefits of Eloping are...
1. Cheaper overall cost
2. Ability to elope almost anywhere
3. Have an amazing location that you couldn't have a huge wedding at
4. You could have it be just you, your loved one, the officiant, and a photographer
5. Eloping feels more intimate and personal from my experience.
Elopements used to be mysterious and almost looked down upon because weddings were often and still are often spent with family and friends. But at the end of the day, your wedding day is the celebration between you and your partner. Whether everyone and their mothers are there to celebrate with you guys or not is completely up to you. Now let me preface this blog by saying that there is no "right or wrong answer".
What about the long train down the aisle? Or what about the amazing venue I have imagined getting married at my whole life? Well eloping is absolutely not for everyone! Traditional weddings are just as beautiful and a great way to celebrate your special day. If you love all the details of wedding venues and love having everyone you know and love be at your wedding, then definitely have a traditional wedding.
Perks of having a traditional wedding
1. Details, details, details... You can customize it anyway you want!
2. Invite anyone and everyone you know. Besides a venue limit, theres no cap!
3. Weddings are traditional and have been a staple for centuries
4. When people think of marriage they typically think about weddings
If you decide to go with a traditional wedding or you decide to elope, just remember all that matters is celebrating your special day with your loved ones. No matter which way you choose to celebrate it, make sure to enjoy it to the fullest and you will have no regrets.
Thank you so much for reading this post and I hope your day goes as well as you have always imagined.